Yay, I’m an MOTU!
I’d like to thank all my sponsors and for my fellow MOTUs who pointed me in the right direction of how to use my new powers over the Universe.
I started by uploading some new upstream releases of 4 plasmoids. Basically right before the 4.2 release KDE changed its CMake setup which broke all existing 3rd party plasmoids. Our crack team of ninjas patched them all, but now the 3rd party upstreams are starting to do minor releases integrating these patches. The less patches we leave around, the better. :-)
It feels good being able to upload my own work, though I suppose until I’m a core-dev I’ll still have to ping my old buddies Riddell, apachelogger, and ScottK periodically. :P
Here’s to a rocking KDE Universe in Jaunty! I will do my best so that Kubuntu provides the rockingest KDE4 experience out there.
Oh, I also updated konq-plugins for KDE 4.2.0 the other day… This is the first upstream release since KDE 4.1.2 or so. Yeesh. After examining the patches we had lying around that originated from an old svn snapshot from debian, I found that we were disabling perfectly good plugins such as the directory filter plugin and others. On top of that there was a new Adblock plugin, (more new binary packages!) and upstream disabled the microformat plugin, presumably due to low quality. (Yay removal of cruft!) Since the last release was back in KDE 4.1.2 (Intrepid) days, the packaging also needed attention. While I spent a few good hours waiting for it to compile I went over and found a good number of other things that needed to be changes. The debian/changelog entry is quite large for a small package such as konq-plugins. It really surprised me. But I guess that’s what happens when you go without an update for so long… you get changes all at once.
Hmm, this sorta morphed into two blog posts. Peace to all my MOTU homies, and grats to KDE for a grand 4.2 release!