Two weeks after alpha 2, the betas of both QApt and Muon are released. Both are now feature and string frozen for 1.0, and the focus for this release and all releases on towards 1.0 (scheduled for 2 weeks from now) will focus on fixing bugs as they are found. Here’s what has changed:
- A minor optimization in PackagePrivate::searchPkgFileIter(). Should speed up the generation of the changelog url for Package::changelogUrl()
- Minor optimizations in Package::name(), Package::section(), and Package::component() by constructing less unnecessary temporary QStrings. Shouldn’t be too noticeable, but hey.😉
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a standards-non-compliant package that lacked a package section was present in the system. (Bug 245177)
- Reduce RAM usage (heap) by 1.3 MiB by not caching the default candidate version in the Package object. It is cheap to calculate it on-the-fly and does not justify the amount of memory caching it was taking up.
- Add the Backend::packageForFile() function that enables looking up a Package by a file it installs
- Fix another encoding bug in the QApt Worker caused by not explicitly converting from UTF-8. It should be the last of those, though.
- For qapt-batch, use a KMessageBox::detailedError for presenting our queued errors, since the text isn’t selectable in KMessageBox::errorList.
- Fix a bug in the QApt Worker where it would not report valid progress. (Applications would have blank progress bars) This happened because when I added support for handling fractional percentages (e.g. 60.5% -> 61%), I accidentally made it so that normal percentages would not be handled, making operations reporting fractional percentages be the only ones that would work.
- Fix a bug that allowed the items in the Filters sidebar to be editable, due to questionable defaults for QStandardModelItem.
- Do not report an error if the user cancels the opening of a markings file.
- Improve the vertical centering of the “Status” and “Requested” columns of the PackageView. Now it’ll be centered for all font sizes, rather than just my own.😉
- Use a KMessageBox::detailedError for presenting our queued errors, since the text isn’t selectable in KMessageBox::errorList.
- Let software-properties-kde handle reloading the package lists after it edits them, since you already have to give your password to open it, and having to give it again to reload inside muon is annoying.
Packages are building in the usual place and should be available within the day. Sources for QApt and Muon can be found here and here, respectively. A new snapshot of libdebconf-kde should also be available, as Daniel has made a few nice improvements since the first snapshot.🙂
Things are shaping up for release. I’m quite happy. I am leaving this Friday for vacation, and will return August the 11th. I will, however, try to find the time to do a release candidate for QApt/Muon a week from today. A week after that, 1.0 final will be released, so please, test it and file those bug reports!🙂
I’ll blog about my cryptic blog last night in a bit, so stay tuned.😉