As promised, this weekend I am proud to present QApt and Muon 1.1 Beta. Most of the major changes can be found in the 1.1 alpha release announcement. But, of course, the major feature for version 1.1 of the Suite is the new Muon Software Center, which you can read all about here.
Prerelease packages are available for both the development version of Kubuntu 11.04 via standard means, and for Kubuntu 10.10 via the QApt PPA. Please test them so that the 1.1 release can be great!
The Muon Software Center can be installed by installing the “muon-installer” package, or by clicking here, as long as the PPA is already added and you’ve checked for updates.
Here is a detailed changelog of what has happened since 1.1 alpha:
- Added a new QApt::History class. It provides an interface to the APT history log(s). It provides a list of all entries in the logs, with each entry providing a start date, a list of packages acted upon as well as any errors that may have occurred during the transaction.
- Update authorization code to work with Polkit-Qt-1 0.98.1 and above. (Affects users of KDE 4.6) An API break in Polkit-Qt-1 caused the QApt Worker to crash whenever it tried to run a command that needed authorization. Support for Polkit-Qt-1 versions older than 0.98 is still present.
Muon Suite 1.0.80
- Added a common history log viewer to libmuon.
- Fix a bug with the new DownloadModel where items from previous downloads would remain if the user cancelled the download.
Muon Package Manager
- Avoid a l10n reverse-lookup for package status by using the UserRoles available to us in QStandardItem to store the QApt::Package::State, and emitting this state when passing it to the PackageView